Trail route updates – spring 2021
Last Updated on 9 months by admin
Besides doing trail maintenance, for the past few months we’ve been working hard behind the scenes on route and waypoints updates and now we can finally announce the changes.
Long story short – please go ahead and update the FarOut Guides mobile app by opening the app and going to Download manager where you can tap the “Check for updates” button which will update the route and waypoints inside the app. Also, make sure to delete the maps you’ve downloaded and re-download them since there are updates for maps as well.
Detailed list of changes:
- Obsolete waypoints have been removed and new waypoints have been added alongside the route.
- Waypoint titles and descriptions completely rewritten (this update is not yet available but can be expected to land in the app in upcoming days).
- Updated the route for second half of section B. Now, in places where there are no trails, route follows dirt and gravel roads or roads that are generally less travelled and take you through smaller settlements.
- Updated the better half of section C. At the start of the C section, instead of the scenic route alongside the coast the route takes you inland almost immediately. There’s also a completely new route connecting Velebit and Dinara mountains, among other updates for this section.
- Lastly, there were reported issues with topo maps not working in some places which should be fixed now!
If you are on the trail now and are hesitant to update the app we suggest you get to a camping spot and update the app to study the changes when you are done with your stretch that day.
If you are experiencing problems with updating the app we suggest you visit the FAQ section on FarOut Guides’ website.
As CLDT is trail in the making there are bound to be some kinks here and there so if you encounter some troubles on the trail please contact us and make a note of that in the application by adding a comment on existing waypoint or by creating a new one. Your feedback and comments in the app are what allow us to keep improving the trail experience for all of us. Find out more about how you can help us improve the trail.
We plan to do these kind of updates on a semi-yearly basis so you can expect new route updates during the winter months (which will be also announced) and silent waypoint updates every few weeks as we accumulate feedback from hikers, validate the information and update the app accordingly.
Happy trails from the CLDT team!